Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Peeve #2: Insult + Injury

OK, look... something need to be done about this annoying little detail.

Insult: Suddenly, around level 12, your contact refuses to give you any more missions until you learn about setting your Reputation. In my case, the contact in question is accessible to me only after running a gauntlet of villains 2-4 levels higher than I am.

Injury: Not only can't I have any more missions until I've learned about Reputation, I have to run to another zone to hear about it.

Look, guys... This has all the earmark of government operation: a good idea done wrong. First of all, I'm willing to bet that there's about a 1:"very high number" ratio of characters whose players don't yet know about Reputation, so this is a major pain in the ass and waste of time for almost everyone. Second, you're not even given any XP for carring out this "mission" which you have no option of bypassing.

Fix: Either let the damn contact give out the damn information right then and there so we can move on, or give me a standard "deliver X" mission's worth of XP for this time waster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home