Monday, November 14, 2005

Peeve #3: I Think I Feel Violated.

I'm the kind of player who likes to spend a lot of time making his heroes' costumes look just right. In a game where all the special effects are the same (Dark Mage's power bolt is going to look exactly like Fairie of Light's power bolt)... and, honestly, the costume options are somewhat limited once you get into them... I think a character's appearance is about the only way to convey what the character's feel is. Now, I think this whole "supergroup mode" stuff is a good idea.... But what's with everyone being branded on the chest with a blazing gold lightning bolt when they're in SG mode?? I feel like a ...well... there's a mildly offensive historical precedent that I'll avoid making. First of all, it totally destroys 99% of costume concepts with its mere presence. Second, whose business is it anyway if I'm in SG mode or not, except for me and perhaps my SG team mates? I see no reason for it to be a banner, emblazoned for the whole world to see from a distance.

So, guys... if you really think it's that important for everyone to know what mode I'm in, find some other way to show it, and get it off my costumes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home