Wednesday, December 28, 2005

"I'm Feeling MUCH Better Now!"

Since all of my slots on Protector are full, I hopped onto the Champion server last night to play around with character building, which I enjoy. I had a few realizations.

1. You can't use the word "god" in your character name. Understandable, I suppose, given the mentality of many players ...on either end of the poking stick. In my case, however, I wanted to make a fire tanker named "Kiln God." It's an actual expression in ceramics, and I was disappointed to have to settle for "Kiln Lord" ...which to me deviates too much from the original intent to remain effective. I wish I'd had presence of mind to try "Ghod" or "Gohd" or somesuch before settling. Oh well.

2. In costume designing, the "blend" option really doesn't capture the look of glowing hot metal. Pity. May I suggest a variation on the blend option be created called "glowing edges" which provides a short blend from a costume segment's seams.

3. A power came to mind which doesn't currently exist in CoH but I think could be built fairly easily. Absorption. I see it working like this.
-Tanker: Fire, Ice, and Energy power sets; power available around level 8. Whenever the hero is hit by an attack from the same source as his own particular "element" (fire, ice, or energy), he gains Health instead of losing it. The amount would be roughly the same as if being healed by a Defender of the same level as his attacker.
-Blaster: Electrical, Energy, Fire, Ice, and Sonic power sets; power available around level 8. Whenever the hero is hit by an attack from the same source as his own particular "element" (electricity, energy, fire, ice, or sonics), he gains Endurance. The amount would be roughly the same as if it were Health being healed by a Defender of the same level as his attacker.

I realize just dropping these into the current power sets is unbalancing, numbers-wise. I'm not trying to balance things at this stage, just get the idea out there. I think the in-game implications sound fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home