Saturday, December 10, 2005

Notable Abcenses #2: Aliens

This has bugged me since day 1. Your character can have his origin based on mutation, magic, science, technology, or have "natural" abilities.... but you can't be an alien. And I'm not talking about that sillyass "Kheldian" nonsense either. That's not really an origin, it's a reward archetype, given to players who make it to level 50. I'm talking about an origin that's just as viable as "mutation" or "technology" (and, to my mind, much more viable than a character who developes a "natural" ability to teleport). I've always wondered why Cryptic excluded this catagory. If it's supposed to be in keeping with some City of Heroes "mythos," that states there are no aliens in the CoH universe or that their nature is very limited, I think it's a terrible idea. CoH should be as generic a "comic book" setting as possible to allow players to work with as few restrictions as possible. Aliens are very comic booky [*cough*Superman *cough*SilverSurfer *cough*Starfire *cough*CaptainMarvel *cough*LegeonofSuperheroes *cough*GuardiansoftheGalaxy*cough*]. ...But I could cough all day.

C'mon guys... I want my aliens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home