Thursday, January 05, 2006

Ho! Ho! Ho!!

So, Rob feeds my character addiction by giving me CoV for Christmas, providing me with 4 more character slots per server (as well as access to the SG base, woohoo!)! Two slots already gone, taken up by a "test villain" and a new "public servant" for the Protector server.

Fear... The Crimson Brain!

While trying to come up with a villain to try out the CoV side of things with, the most villainous character that popped into my head first was the Red Skull. Yeah... Nazis. Can't go wrong with Nazis. The Brain is of the "Mastermind" archetype (fitting) whose primary power is henchmen (also fitting). While masterminds have various types of henchmen available to them, the Crimson Brain summons mercenaries to do his dirty work for him. Strangely (to anyone who knows me), playing the villain role online doesn't push my button at all, but I'll probably play the Brain for a change from the usual "defeat all villains" CoH missions that are becoming a grind.


Thank you for taking the Crosstown Express!

I've always thought the "taxibots" on other servers were a cool idea. Sadly, Protector has no taxibot corp, and I didn't want to step on anyone's toes by taking that name on Protector, thus Crosstown was conceived. At times when I'm waiting for the team to log on or when I feel like being in the game but don't feel like beatin' shit up, I'll play Crosstown. He'll be stationed at the Atlas Park gate in the Hollows or at the Green Line station in Steel Canyon and provide teleport service to anyone who wants a quick trip across the zone. If you'd like teleport service, just send a team invite to Crosstown.

I'm sure I'll have the other slots filled in no time. Maybe I'll port Kiln Lord over from Champion server where I've been trying him out. I have to say, when teaming, tanking is my least favorite role. But the earth/fire tankers do kick wild amounts of ass. He is a pleasure to solo. When smashing thugs, the giant stone hammer animation is very satisfying.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you like, feel free to visit the Taxibots website to either sing-up or perhaps start your own garage. Feel free to visit us at www.taxibots.com

9:18 PM  
Blogger White Dwarf said...

Thanks for the invitation! I'll check it out.

2:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home