Saturday, June 24, 2006

CoH: Underground

It's all about fun names and interesting characters for me lately. I've had Stigmatador and The Atomic Kennedy for a while, then made Poultrygeist (undead fowl), Ampierre (the electrical Frenchman), and assorted other experimentations. I know that this harkens back to my day at Mayfair working on the Underground RPG with Ray and Alex and Brian and Ghoulboy. And while the visual style of that dear departed freakshow of a game can't be reproduced by the CoH costume options, I do make an attempt to capture that feel. To that end, I dug through a lot of old files to find an old catalog of character names from the game. So look for names like Papa Bloodvessel, Daddy Warcrimes, and the American Lesion to be making appearances sometime soon.

I also remember liking the Underground concept of "cyber-celebs".... B-list celebrities from the 20th century who freeze their heads to find them attached to cybernetic bodies in the future. The Atomic Kennedy is one of these. I'm also messing around with "Iron Will" (William Shatner), "Apollo Creep" (Carl Weathers), "The Meat Substitute" (George Hamilton), and "Snarlin' Dick" (Richard Dawson). These guys would make an excellent roleplaying opportunity for a bunch of willing nutjobs. Underground also comes with some fun super group concepts if anyone's interested.

So, that's where I'm at right now. It's 2021, and the dream is dead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home