Saturday, September 02, 2006

KA-SMASH!!

Man, what I wouldn't give to smack someone with a car.

With CoH slowly moving into the realm of environment interactivity, this may not be too far down the road, and I couldn't be more thrilled by the idea. With this dream fresh in my mind, I'd like to propose a radical change to the Super Strength power set. A half dozen "powers" which all basically translate to "punch" is incredibly boring. I'd love to see "Improvised Weapon" (ie, grabbin' something and smackin' someone with it) dropped in in place of Knockout Blow or Hand Clap. (No one ever liked Hand Clap anyway.) And "Improvised Projectile" in place of Hurl (and maybe bump it down a little on the "available at level X" hierarchy.... I mean, c'mon guys...).

This way, the hero can now grab some nearby piece of scenery and bash some bozo's brains out with it.... or knock some nitwit out of the air. Sure, it leaves him at the mercy of his environment to provide something to use, but there's almost always something around to grab. I would also strongly encourage some built in variation on damage based on the type of item used. Who knows... it might even lead to using heroes and villains as projectiles.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ,of course, am all for this. But then Fist has been built for this for a long time.

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home